Sebasticook Valley Health Navigator Program
The role of the cancer patient navigator will fill a gap in care that will meet a substantial and meaningful need for our patients.
Please note: This grant award will cover three years of patient navigator service at Sebasticook Valley Health for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017.
The patient navigator will:
- Perform preventive health screenings and basic health risk assessments in community settings, linking patients with risk factors for cancer to a primary care provider;
- Provide health education based on patient needs;
- Assist patients to establish health goals and monitor patient progress over time;
- Assist the patient through the process of seeking care, linking patients to community resources if/when appropriate;
- Partner with patients who do not have an ability to pay for care to investigate opportunities for financial assistance/health insurance.
The patient navigator will also serve as a referral source for patients diagnosed with cancer or who are identified at high risk for cancer
by the primary care provider based on the following factors:
- Tobacco Use
- Family History
Following the referral, the patient navigator will serve as a resource, provider liaison, health educator, and conduit of information for the
patient and the patient’s family, providing advocacy when appropriate.
Maine Cancer Foundation Grants to this Organization:
|2015||Sebasticook Valley Health Navigator Program||$137,248||Navigator||Sebasticook Valley Health|