Help! How Do I Fundraise?
Fundraising can seem intimidating if you don't know where to start, but it's easier than you think to hit your goal. Here's a couple of good tips for a first-time fundraiser:
1. Donate to yourself.
2. Tell them they're 100% Awesome.
Here's an awesome fact to share with the people you ask for a donation: 100% of their gift will go directly cancer programs. The event costs of the Tri for a Cure have been covered by registration fees and sponsor contributions!
3. Personalize your fundraising page. (Tell a Story!)
4. Email everyone in your address book, even those you don’t expect to give.
5. Post links to your fundraising page on Facebook.
Not everyone uses Facebook, but if you do, it can really help. Facebook is responsible for 90% of social donations. Most Facebook users are on in the evening, so that's the best time to post.
6. Tweet a link to your fundraising page when you get close to the deadline.
Again, not everyone uses Twitter, but it can really help connect people to your goal. Tweets especially help with last-minute donations.