Maine Cancer Foundation’s 16th Annual Tri for a Cure
Each year, over a thousand women gather in South Portland to swim, bike & run as they Tri for a Cure in Maine's only all-women's triathlon.
Founded in 2008 by Julie Marchese and Abby Bliss, the Tri for a Cure has become the largest triathlon in the state of Maine, providing a gorgeous race course along the shores of Cape Elizabeth and South Portland. This event consists of a USAT-sanctioned 1/3-mile swim, a 15-mile bike ride and a 3-mile run.
The Tri for a Cure is a unique opportunity for women to engage in the fight against cancer here in Maine. Our triathletes share a unique bond; some are cancer survivors, others are racing in support of their loved ones, but all of them share the desire to create a cancer-free Maine.
Today, thanks to the efforts of thousands of supporters, there are effective treatments for many forms of cancer with the promise of more to come. 2023 marks the 16th annual Tri for a Cure and we invite you to show your support. Some people choose to become athletes or fundraisers, others join us as volunteers or sponsors, some come and cheer the athletes on. What matters most is our commitment to the women and men who suffer from this terrible disease. We will not wait. We will not quit. We will Tri for a Cure!
- February 1, 2023: Registration opens! More details to come.
- May 1, 2023: Drop-out/Commitment Deadline - If you withdraw after this date, you will still be required to fulfill the $500 fundraising requirement. After this date you are no longer allowed to switch your registration to/from the virtual or live event.
- July 15, 2023: Expo Day from 10am - 2pm at SMCC
- July 16, 2023: Race Day! Opening Ceremony is at 8:30 AM and the race begins at 9:00AM
- Each individual registration requires a $75 non-refundable fee. Note that this $75 does not apply towards the $500 fundraising minimum.
- Participants who drop out before May 1st are not required to meet the $500 fundraising minimum and will not be charged.
- Each registrant in the 2023 Tri for a Cure is required to commit to a $500 fundraising minimum, whether or not they end up participating. Any registered participant who does not meet the fundraising minimum will be automatically charged the remaining balance on or after midnight, 7/13/23. Participants will NOT be given race packets unless $500 minimum has been met in full.
When: July 15, 10am - 2pm
Where: SMCC Campus, outside the Campus Center building (South Portland, ME)
What: Packet Pick-up, Bike-racking, Vendor Expo, food trucks and giveaways
Each year, the Tri for a Cure race site is a flurry of activity as participants arrive to pick up their registration packet and rack their bikes on Expo Day. Participants, be sure to bring a photo ID to pick up your race packet.
To make the day more fun, we invite various vendors to join us at the Expo. Vendors interested in being a part of the Tri for a Cure Expo should contact our Events Manager: Allison Richards at [email protected] or call 207-773-2533.