PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL EVENT AFTER APRIL 1, 2022 TRI FOR A CURE CANNOT GUARANTEE A FINSIHER TANK, MEDAL, OR INCENTIVE PRIZES.
IF YOU REGISTER AFTER MAY 1, 2022 YOU WILL HAVE NO DROPOUT PERIOD AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY COMMITTED TO RAISING $500.
Tri for a Cure Update
In 2020, and again in 2021, the pandemic forced us all to make some tough calls. Here at Maine Caner Foundation and Tri for a Cure those calls meant finding creative ways to keep us together, but apart, and raise money to fight cancer without our signature event. And yet, with the help of our committed participants, sponsors, and donors, these events were a huge success. In the face of challenging circumstances, our community rose up and showed how important the mission of Maine Cancer Foundation is. We were able to continue our critical statewide funding and even added COVID-relief granting to support patients impacted by the pandemic.
We've always known how important Tri for a Cure is to our participants. We now know this importance doesn’t diminish when done from afar. Virtual participants rose to the occasion and found ways beyond our wildest dream to make the event work for their lives in challenging times. In 2022, we will once again offer a virtual option alongside our signature event taking place on July 10, 2022. The world is still a tricky place and we want to ensure each woman who wishes to participate can do so within their own comfort level.
We were overwhelmed with support in 2020 and 2021 and hope women will join us again with enthusiasm and determination. Cancer hasn't stopped and neither can we!
With gratitude and hope,
The Tri for a Cure/Maine Cancer Foundation Team
Yes! The world is still a little wonky and we want to ensure comfort for everyone who wishes to participant. This year we are offering the virtual Tri for a Cure in conjunction with the in-person event on July 10th.
Therefore, all participants, whether virtual or in-person, are required to meet the $500 fundraising minimum. To guarantee inclusion in incentive prizes you must register by March 15, 2022.
Like last year, we encourage everyone to complete a swim, bike, and run (or a duathlon - see below) either individually or as a relay. You can choose your venue and location (lake, ocean, pool, etc).
The pandemic continues to pose challenges for Tri for a Cure but as long as cancer is still affecting Mainers, we will persevere!
- Option 1: Triathlon (Swim 1/3 mile, Bike 15 miles, Run 3.1 miles) – Individual or Relay. Please be sure to adhere to safety measures, including not swimming alone and making sure to tell a family member or friend of your run/bike plans and/or keeping a phone on you.
- Swim can be in the pool, in the lake, in the ocean. You name it.
- Bike can be on the road, indoor cycling studio, on a bike trainer, or on a stationary bike.
- Run can be on local roads, on a trail, on the treadmill. Of course, it can be walked, jogged, slogged, crawled, or run to complete.
- Option 2: Duathlon (Run 1 mile, Bike 15 miles, Run 3.1 miles) - Individual or Relay
- We understand that pool training options have been reduced/eliminated lately. Here is an alternative to doing your swim: try a duathlon!
- Option 3: Get creative with any combination of the run, bike or swim elements! – Individual or Relay
- This is the year to truly do YOUR race! If you’d like to take a year off from swimming, biking, and/or running, but still support Maine Cancer Foundation, that’s ok! Create your own combination or singularly-focused version of the event.
- Complete your Tri for a Cure between June 24 and July 10. You can choose any day (or days) in this window to complete your event.
- You set your schedule. Do the swim one day. Do the bike a week later. Do the run in another week! Or do them all in one day. Do your race at your own time, your own location, your own day. If it rains, wait another day for the perfect day that fits you. No need for an early alarm!
One of the best parts of Tri for a Cure is the community of women that come together in the months leading up to the event and on race day. Many of you have already joined the Tri for a Cure 2022 Facebook group. If you have not, please do so. This will be a place to share ideas, encouragement, photos, and more.